Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Juicy Couture ad

“Tattoos add personality and character,” said Donald Simrock, a makeup artist who has fashioned a variety of fakes for fashion shows and advertising campaigns. “Like that vintage car you buy, they can be an extension of your personality.”

Wearers attest that mock tats do wonders for one’s self-image, teasing out the biker, rapper or gridiron star that lurks inside the suit. Suzie Johnson, a personal trainer in Los Angeles, recently requested a pair.

“I don’t look like a lot of the typical girls you see rolling around on a mat,” she said. “I wanted to look like I had some tough chic going on.”

Her friend Mr. Simrock catered to that fantasy, applying a colorful twisty trellis design to her arm. “It defined my triceps area,” Ms. Johnson recalled, “and it gave me a lot of self-confidence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment