Thursday, December 30, 2010

Isabelle Caro: Photos Of The Late Model

Isabelle Caro, a French actress and model, has died at the age of 28. Caro was best known for appearing in a shocking Italian billboard ad in 2007 to promote awareness of anorexia. In the ad, the rail-thin Caro, who weighed less than 60 pounds at the time, was shown peering over her shoulder with the words "No. Anorexia" across the top of the image.

Caro herself suffered from severe anorexia nervosa since the age of 13. The model told CBS News in 2007 that she agreed to pose for the campaign because "I said if I can put my years of suffering to good use then it will not have been pointless. ... I know it's a shocking photo, and I want it to shock. It's really a warning that it is a serious illness."

No comments:

Post a Comment